The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has reported that there were 153,941 migrant encounters at our southern border in January, a 96% increase from the previous year. Of the 153,941 illegal immigrants encountered at the border, the Biden administration reportedly released 62,573 into the United States.
NUMBERS DON’T LIE: Biden’s border crisis is only getting worse.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- According to new Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) data there were 153,941 migrant encounters at our southern border in January.
- That is a 96% increase from the previous year.
- This was the worst January on record in over two decades.
- Of the 153,941 illegal immigrants encountered at the border, the Biden administration released 62,573 into the United States.
- This new data comes at a time when ICE deportations are down 70%from 2020, the fewest number of deportations in 5 years.
- This equates to an average of just 100 deportations a day, even as border patrol agents encountered up to 7,000 illegal immigrants daily.
- Since Biden took office over 2 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
IT’S SIMPLE: Border security is national security, and under President Biden, we have neither. Instead of securing our southern border, Biden and Congressional Democrats have doubled down on their failed open-border policies, which will only worsen the ongoing border crisis and make our communities less safe.