House Republicans secured a victory for freedom by removing the Biden administration’s authoritarian military COVID-19 vaccine mandate from the House-passed National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY23. But in a House Republican majority, there is more work to be done to combat this administration’s disastrous policies as we work to defend our heroic service members and our national security in its wake.
Following one of the worst recruitment years
in our military’s history, we willdemand justice
for the service members who were wrongfully terminated under the Biden administration’s mandate, ensure there are no roadblocks to them reentering the military if desired, and fight to restore
our military as the premier fighting force.
BIDEN’S NATIONAL SECURITY CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
HOUSE REPUBLICANS’ PLAN: (A NATION THAT’S SAFE)
- Since the COVID-19 vaccine military mandate went into effect, Biden’s Department of Defense (DOD) has discharged over 8,000 active duty service members, including:
- The National Guard may have to discharge 9,000 additional guardsmenthis fiscal year for refusing the vaccine.
- This reckless COVID-19 vaccine mandate took place as the Army fell15,000 soldiers short of their recruitment goal for FY22, missing by 25%.
- According to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Personnel Policy, who testified before the Senate Armed Services Personnel Subcommittee, “This constitutes an unprecedented mission gap.”
- The Army projects the number of active duty soldiers could drop by as much as 6% in FY23, below the branch’s budgeted target request for the year.
- The Navy missed their recruitment goal for active duty and Reserve officers and is already behind in their recruiting goal for 2023.
- The Air Force narrowly met their recruitment goal. However, the Air Force National Guard and Reserves will miss their goal by 3,800 recruits total.
MAKE NO MISTAKE:
- Support our troops
- Invest in an efficient, effective military
- Establish a Select Committee on China
- Exercise peace through strength with our allies to counter increasing global threats
Joe Biden’s authoritarian COVID-19 vaccine mandate on our service members has threatened our national security amid a recruiting crisis, hurt our military readiness, and cost thousands of our men and women in uniform their livelihoods. In less than one month, House Republicans will fight for justice.