White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki mocked Fox News’ coverage of Democrats’ soft-on-crime policies, saying, “what does that even mean,” during a recent interview.
Psaki’s comments reinforce the Biden administration and Congressional Democrats’ inability to take seriously the rising crime rates that are endangering American communities and our nation’s law enforcement.
Biden’s crime crisis is directly tied to radical Democrats’ support for the defund the police movement.
DEMOCRATS’ CRIME CRISIS:
- Following a year of defunding the police rhetoric from President Biden and Congressional democrats, over a dozen major U.S. cities had record high homicide rates in 2021.
DEMOCRATS WHO SUPPORT DEFUNDING THE POLICE:
- President Biden famously expressed support for the Defund the Police movement during an interview in 2020 but was forced to walk back his position after public backlash to his position.
- Vice President Kamala Harris applauded Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti for defunding the police.
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said, “defunding police means defunding police.” Arguing the cuts to the NYPD weren’t enough.
- Rep. Ayanna Pressley said she supports efforts to defund police departments.
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib called for ‘no more police.’
- Rep. Ilhan Omar said “not only do we need to defund, we need to dismantle” Police Departments.
- Rep. Cori Bush said that she would “make sure” she has private security for her protection while simultaneously promising to defund the police for the rest of America.
- President Biden’s Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke supported efforts to “defund the police.”
- President Biden’s Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta said officials must heed calls to “decrease police budgets and the scope, role, and responsibility of police in our lives.”
- President Biden’s Secretary of Labor, Marty Walsh, proposed a budget to divert funding from law enforcement.