President Biden is scheduled to address the nation today regarding rising violent crime happening across America.
Now, while President Biden is expected to blame everyone but himself for the increase in crime, make no mistake, this is President Biden’s Crime Crisis and the numbers back that up.
BIDEN’S CRIME CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- The New York Times reported a sample of 37 cities with data for the first three months of the year saw an 18% INCREASE in murders compared to the same time period in 2020.
- There have been 128 officers shot so far in 2021, 26 of whom were killed by gunfire.
- There have been 27 ambush-style attacks on law enforcement officers this year, a 50% INCREASE compared to the same time period in 2020.
- According to the FBI’s Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted database (LEOKA) fatal felony attacks on officers are UP 39% through May 2021 compared to the same time period in 2020.
- Homicides are up 533% in Portland, 58% in Atlanta, 37% in Philadelphia, and 22% in Los Angeles compared to the same time period in 2020.
- Shootings are up 126% in Portland, 64% in New York City, 51% in Los Angeles, and 40% in Atlanta compared to the same time period in 2020.
This is what happens when you defund the police. Something that Vice President Kamala Harris applauded just last year when Los Angeles announced they would be defunding its police department.