The price for a gallon of gasoline has increased every day for the past 27 days and Americans are now seeing prices at the pump that they haven’t seen since the Obama-Biden administration.
Instead of addressing the skyrocketing cost of gas, House Democrats are pushing their Far Left Socialist reconciliation package, which imposes arbitrary drilling moratoriums on federal lands that will increase fees and royalties on onshore and offshore oil and gas production.
BIDEN’S ENERGY CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- The national average for a gallon of gas reached $3.39 on Wednesday.
- This is the most Americans have paid at the pump since the Obama-Biden Administration.
- In some parts of America the price for a gallon of gas has reached $7.59 a gallon.
- The House Democrats are now pushing a “Heat Your Home” tax just in time for the winter.
- This is a job-killing provision that could eliminate as many as 90,000 jobs.
- It authorizes the EPA to assess a $1,500 tax per ton of methane emissions on energy producers, processors, transmission, storage, import/export, and pipelines.
- Home heating costs are projected to rise by as much as 54% for some American households this winter.
- On Joe Biden’s first day in office, he killed over 11,000 American jobs, which were created by the Keystone Pipeline.
- One of President Biden’s first executive orders was to pause new oil and gas leasing on U.S. lands and waters.
- This order will cost approximately one million Americans jobs in the near term.
- It will also decrease U.S. Gross Domestic Product by $700 billion.
- This executive order also puts America’s energy security at risk.
- U.S. oil imports from foreign sources would increase by 2 million barrels a day.
- Through 2030, the U.S. would spend $500 billion more on energy from foreign suppliers.
- Instead of making it easier for American companies to increase domestic oil and gas production and hire more U.S. workers, Biden has begged OPEC and Russia to increase global output to ease rising prices.
BOTTOM LINE: Americans are feeling the pain of President Biden’s anti-energy policies in their wallets, from the pump to heating their house. Instead of addressing these issues, House Democrats are pushing their over $5 TRILLION tax and spend package, which would only make America’s energy crisis WORSE.