Today, the price for a gallon of gas hit an all-time high for the tenth consecutive day. Instead of offering real solutions to address this crisis, Speaker Pelosi and House Democrats are passing the buck and blaming oil and gas companies for America’s energy crisis, which their war on American energy created.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: House Democrats’ bill to punish oil and gas companies for skyrocketing gas prices by accusing them of price gouging does nothing to address the pain at the pump Americans are feeling daily. This bill will only make America’s energy crisis WORSE by price-fixing. Instead of helping to unleash American energy dominance, House Democrats continue to block House Republicans’ American Independence From Russia Act, showing they have NO intention of easing this pain at the pump for Americans.
THE FACTS ABOUT HOUSE DEMOCRATS’ SOCIALIST ENERGY PRICE FIXING ACT (Courtesy of House Energy and Commerce Republicans):
- Gives President Biden power to declare an energy emergency, arming the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) with tools to impose de-facto, arbitrary caps on “Mom and Pop” gas stations for the price of fuels, such as gasoline, diesel, and propane.
- Will lead to even less domestic oil and gas production at a time when we desperately need to increase both.
- Attacks small businesses and retailers who have no control over rising energy prices and the Administration’s failures to fix supply chains.
- Like in the 1970s, this will lead to fuel shortages and massive lines at the pump, affecting Americans’ ability to go to school, go to work, and live their lives. They are already suffering enough under the inflation, energy, and supply chain crises created by President Biden’s failed agenda for more government command and control.
BIDEN’S ENERGY CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- Americans are smart. They know this is Biden’s Price Hike – no one-else’s.
- The national average for a gallon of gas is $4.58 as of Thursday.
- This is the tenth record high for gas in a row – an all-time record.
- Earlier this month, U.S. natural gas prices rose to the highest point in 13 years.
- Crude oil is currently at $107.39.
- Crude oil has remained above $90 a barrel, a 2014 record, for over three straight months.
- Skyrocketing gas prices will now cost the average American household an extra $2,000 per year.
- Americans will spend $5,000 this year on gas, a 78% increase from the $2,800 Americans spent a year ago.
WHAT BIDEN SHOULD BE DOING:
- End the federal freeze on new oil and gas leases.
- Fast-track pending LNG export permits
- Expedite approval of all pipeline and energy development
- Stop the regulatory assault on U.S. energy development and financing