House Republicans Have Delivered Fiscal Responsibility
Washington, D.C., May 28, 2023
Tags: Biden's Economic Crisis
Speaker McCarthy and House Republicans will restore fiscal sanity and hold Washington accountable with the Fiscal Responsibility Act. This legislation, which was only possible because House Republicans acted responsibly to pass a plan and force President Biden to the negotiating table, is being reported as a “Republican victory” consisting of “historic reductions in spending” which would rein in government overreach, limit inflationary spending, and lift Americans out of poverty.
For months, President Biden recklessly demanded that he get a clean debt ceiling increase, and insisted on business as usual as to how Washington spends taxpayer dollars.
Despite initially refusing to negotiate, Biden has ultimately caved to House Republicans as a result of a combined effort to rein in reckless spending and put our country on a better trajectory.
THE FACTS ABOUT FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY ACT:
1. Stop Out-of-Control Inflationary Spending
2. Lift More Americans Out of Poverty
3. Claw Back Tens of Billions in Unspent COVID Funds
4. Rein in Executive Overreach
5. Cut Red Tape and Streamline Energy & Infrastructure Projects
6. Slash Funding for Biden's New IRS Agents
7. Restart Student Loan Repayments
8. Make Congress Work Again
9. Protect Our Seniors, Veterans, and America's National Security
10. Block Biden & Congressional Democrat Demands for New Taxes