A newly released 2021 Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reportshows that deportations are down 70% from 2020 under President Biden’s watch, the fewest number of deportations in 5 years.
According to an audit of the data, this equates to an average of just 100 deportations a day, even as border patrol agents encountered up to 7,000 illegal immigrants daily.
This report further proves that the Biden administration and Congressional Democrats’ open-border policies are incentivizing illegal immigration, which has fueled Americas’ historic border crisis.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- The number of illegal crossings at the border has risen at a faster rate under Biden than at any time in recent history.
- Since Biden took office, nearly 2 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- More illegal immigrants have crossed the southern border in the last three months than in all of fiscal year 2020.
- December had 178,840 apprehensions, a 142% increase from last December, and it’s the worst December on record.
- 2021 ICE deportations reported are down 70% from 2020, the fewest number of deportations in 5 years.
- This equates to an average of just 100 deportations a day, even as border patrol agents encountered up to 7,000 illegal immigrants daily.
- In FY21, 11,201 pounds of fentanyl were seized by Customs and Border Protection, which is enough to kill every American nearly seven times over.
- Border officials have estimated that nearly 400,000 illegal immigrantshave escaped into the U.S. without being caught under Biden.
- Out of 104,171 migrants issued Notices to Report by ICE between the end of March and the end of August 2021, 47,705 failed to reportwithin that time frame.
- There were 10,763 arrests of migrants with criminal convictions in FY 2021, up from 2,438 in FY 2020 and 4,269 in FY 2019.
IT’S SIMPLE: President Biden inherited a secure border from President Trump. He has squandered it with his open-border policies. Border security is national security. Instead of securing our southern border, Biden and Congressional Democrats have doubled down on their failed open-border policies, which will only worsen the ongoing border crisis and make our communities less safe.