President Biden tried to make the American people believe that he wanted to fund our police during his state of the Union.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Congressional Democrats will never let this happen. Despite skyrocketing crime, their goal is to defund our police, as Rep. Cori Bush made clear on Twitter.
Bush’s tweet comes just hours after House Democrats announced a hearing on defunding the police for March 8th.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who has been called the “future” of the Democrat Party, is reportedly “pushing a litmus test for prospective candidates seeking their endorsement, demanding they pledge to slash police funding.”
DEMOCRATS WHO SUPPORT DEFUNDING THE POLICE:
- President Biden famously expressed support for the Defund the Police movement during an interview in 2020 but was forced to walk back his position after public backlash to his position.
- Vice President Kamala Harris applauded Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti for defunding the police.
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said, “defunding police means defunding police.” Arguing the cuts to the NYPD weren’t enough.
- Rep. Ayanna Pressley said she supports efforts to defund police departments.
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib called for ‘no more police.’
- Tlaib’s campaign has paid over $150,000 to an anti-Semitic and defund the police activist, Rasha Mubarak.
- Rep. Ilhan Omar said “not only do we need to defund, we need to dismantle” Police Departments.
- Rep. Cori Bush said that she would “make sure” she has private security for her protection while simultaneously promising to defund the police for the rest of America.
- President Biden’s Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke supported efforts to “defund the police.”
- President Biden’s Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta said officials must heed calls to “decrease police budgets and the scope, role, and responsibility of police in our lives.”
- President Biden’s Secretary of Labor, Marty Walsh, proposed a budget to divert funding from law enforcement.