Our southern border is in chaos because of Joe Biden and Congressional Democrats’ radical open-borders agenda, which empowers cartels and encourages human and drug smuggling that endangers every community across this country.
That is why today, House Republicans will continue holding this administration accountable for creating this border crisis, and we will hear firsthand from Mark Morgan, former Customs and Border Patrol Commissioner; Brandon Judd, the President of the National Border Patrol Council; Tom Homan, Former ICE Director; Derek Maltz, a retired DEA special agent; and Joseph Edlow, the former Acting Director of the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- In FY21, 11,201 pounds of illicit fentanyl were seized by Customs and Border Protection, which is enough to kill every American nearly seven times over.
- Fentanyl border seizures increased by 134% in FY2021.
- Now, the majority of America’s fentanyl that is flowing into our communities is being smuggled across the southern border from Mexico.
- The Biden administration plans to lift Title 42 on May 23rd, a decision that will only worsen Biden’s Border Crisis.
- A federal judge has temporarily blocked President Biden’s repeal of Title 42 next month in yet another judicial rebuke of the president’s radical Far-Left agenda.
- According to new CBP data, there were 221,303 migrant encounters at our southern border in March.
- Since Biden took office, OVER 2.4 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- These staggering numbers come as we learn that 42 people on the Terrorist Screening Database have been apprehended attempting to illegally enter the U.S. since Joe Biden was sworn in.
- The Biden administration has said they are tracking these terrorists, which means they could have been released into our communities after apprehension.
- The Biden administration spent $72 million in shut-down costs to halt border wall construction, which Sec. Mayorkas has now confirmed.
- Border Patrol confirmed last month that over 300,000 know “gotaways” evaded CBP apprehension at the southern border so far in this fiscal year, over 60,000 of which were just in March.
- The Department of Homeland Security estimates that when Title 42 is lifted, illegal crossings could climb from 12,000 to 18,000 crossers per day.
- In 2021, the Biden administration dropped deportations by roughly 68%.
- This is the lowest level in 26 years, which dates back to before the agency ICE was created.