According to Fox News, as part of the American Rescue Plan, which 220 House Democrats voted for, the federal government doled out $783.5 million to convicted criminals.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- The American Rescue Plan doled out $783.5 MILLION to convicted criminals.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) revealed that the money went to 560,000 individuals who were incarcerated for the full tax year 2020.
- 220 House Democrats voted to give stimulus checks to violent criminals in prison.
- Senators Tom Cotton and Bill Cassidy, attempted to exclude prisoners in March but that amendment failed on a party-line vote.
- Convicted felons were eligible for all three rounds of individual stimulus payments, which came in the amounts of $1,200, $600 and $1,400.
- There was a bipartisan amendment that would prohibit stimulus checks from going to federal prisoners if their sentence was longer than 1 year, but the amendment was not made in order by Speaker Pelosi and her cronies on the Rules Committee.
- The Trump administration attempted to block the initial payments from flowing to prisoners; those efforts were eventually halted by a federal judge.
Bottom line: 220 House Democrats supported giving money to criminals like sexual abuser Larry Nassar, Dylann Roof, and the Boston Marathon terrorist bomber Dzhokar Tsarnaev, while Republicans actively tried to prevent this from happening.