As President Biden returned from one more vacation, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) reported that our southern border had 199,976 illegal border crossings in July – an OVER 300% increase from the final July of President Trump’s administration.
This is now the 17th consecutive month under Joe Biden’s watch that our southern border has had OVER 150,000 illegal border crossings.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- In July, there were 199,976 illegal immigrant encounters at our southern border.
- That is a 388% increase in illegal crossings compared to the last July of President Trump’s administration.
- This July was the second worst on record, according to CBP data.
- OVER 60% of these encounters were single adults.
- There have now been 17 straight months of OVER 150,000 illegal border crossings.
- In July, at least 10 more suspects on the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB) were apprehended attempting to illegally cross our southern border.
- There have now been 66 apprehended so far in FY22 – more than double the previous five years combined.
- From June 2022 to July 2022, fentanyl seizures increased OVER 200%, bringing the total to OVER 10,000 pounds of poisonous fentanyl seized this fiscal year alone – and there is still a month and a half left.
- Earlier this month, Joe Biden and his administration decided to make the border crisis WORSE by formally ending former President Trump’s successful ‘Remain in Mexico’ program.
- There have now been OVER 500,000 known “got-aways” at our southern border since the beginning of FY2022 in October.
- Since Joe Biden took office, OVER 3.2 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Joe Biden and House Democrats’ open borders, mass releases, halted border wall, and zero enforcement policies have created a historic border crisis.