President Biden’s historic border crisis is only getting worse. In September, there were 227,547 illegal crossings of our southern border—ending Fiscal Year 2022 with a new U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) record of over 2.37 MILLION illegal crossings.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Joe Biden and House Democrats’ open-border policies have created an invasion at our southern border. The American people have seen enough. When House Republicans earn the majority, we will secure our southern border and end the reckless policies that have left it wide open.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- This fiscal year alone, there have been over 2.37 MILLION illegal crossings of our southern border and 2.76 million nationwide—both totals are new CBP records.
- Since Joe Biden took office less than two years ago, over 3.8 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended crossing the southern border.
- In September, there were 227,547 illegal immigrant encounters at our southern border.
- That is a 12% increase in illegal crossings compared to the last month, and over a 200% increase from September 2020.
- There have now been 19 straight months of OVER 150,000 illegal border crossings.
- 98 individuals on the Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB) were apprehended at the southern border in Fiscal Year 2022—more than the previous five years combined. 20 of these encounters were just in the last month.
- There have now been OVER 14,000 pounds of poisonous fentanyl seized this fiscal year alone—a fiscal year record.
- In August, Joe Biden and his administration decided to make the border crisis WORSE by formally ending former President Trump’s successful ‘Remain in Mexico’ program.
- There were nearly 600,000 known “got-aways” at our southern border in FY’22.
- According to court documents, the Biden administration has allowed over 1 million illegal immigrants to settle in the U.S.