U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced 208,887 border apprehensions at the southern border in August. That is a 317%% INCREASE from last August and the latest sign that President Biden and the Democrats’ open border policies have created one of the worst border crises in history.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- There were 208,887 border apprehensions in August – a 317% INCREASE from last year.
- Border apprehensions remain at a 21-year high with 208,887 in August.
- August was the second straight month with over 200,000 apprehensions.
- Over 1,200,000 illegal immigrants have been apprehended at the border since February 1.
- In August, Joe Biden released 43,941 illegal immigrants into the U.S.
- In President Trump’s last full month in office, only 17 illegal immigrants were released into the U.S.
NUMBERS DON’T LIE. President Biden inherited a southern border that was secure from President Trump. Unfortunately, the Biden administration has worked to open the southern border, not secure it. Our communities are less safe because they stopped building the wall, brought back Catch and Release, and got rid of the Remain in Mexico policy. It’s simple border security is national security.