Joe Biden’s historic border crisis is continuing to worsen because of his reckless open-border policies. According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data, our southern border had 239,416 illegal crossings in May, which is the third straight month with the highest illegal crossings in over two decades and the 15th straight month of encounters OVER 150,000. This is a 32% increase from 2021 and OVER a 900% increase from 2020.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Joe Biden and House Democrats’ open borders, mass releases, and zero enforcement policies have created the worst border crisis in CBP history.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- Since Biden took office, OVER 2.9 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- According to new CBP data, there were 239,416 migrant encounters at our southern border in May.
- This is the highest in CBP’s 22-year record for monthly crossings and the second month in a row for this record high.
- That is up 32% from April 2021
- That is a 930% increase from 2020.
- 25% of those encounters were individuals who had at least one prior encounter in the previous 12 months.
- Compared to April of this year, the number of unique individuals encountered increased 15% in May.
- OVER 60% of these encounters were single adults.
- 42% of encounters were expelled using Title 42.
- May was the 15th straight month of encounters OVER 150,000.
- These staggering numbers come as the Biden administration is still fighting in court to lift Title 42, a decision that will only worsen the historic border crisis.
- According to a Politico/Harvard poll, the majority of Americans disapprove of Biden’s fight to repeal Title 42.
- 42 people on the Terrorist Screening Database have been apprehended attempting to illegally enter the U.S. since Joe Biden was sworn in.
- A report shows drug overdoses, mostly from opioids, hit an all-time high in 2021 of OVER 100,000.
- Since Biden took office, CBP has seized 1,060,100 pounds of illegal drugs, including 7,700 pounds of fentanyl so far in FY22.
- Border Patrol and Secretary Mayorkas have confirmed that over 700,000 known “gotaways” have evaded CBP apprehension at the southern border since Biden took office.
BOTTOM LINE: This is an invasion. A country without secure borders is not a country. Border security IS national security.