Following National Police Week, communities across this country are less safe, and our nation’s law enforcement are under attack from violent criminals due to the failed one-party rule of Democrats in Washington.
DEMOCRATS’ CRIME CRISIS:
- So far in 2022, homicide rates have increased 48% compared to this time in 2020, according to the Major Cities Chiefs Association.
- Shootings of police officers have increased 38% compared to this time in 2020, according to the National Fraternal Order of Police.
- According to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll of voters, Republicans beat Democrats by 12 points on handling crime, the highest in this poll’s 32-year history.
- A Politico/Morning Consult poll shows 2 in 3 voters, 69% of Americans, think more police funding would decrease crime.
- A new Ipsos poll also found that 64% of Americans disapprove of Biden’s handling of crime.
- According to a new ABC/Washington Post poll, Americans trust Republicans more to handle crime.
- Under President Biden, more police officers were killed in the line of duty in 2021 than in any year since 1995, excluding the September 11th terrorist attacks.
- In 2021, 73 police officers were killed – a 59% increase from 2020.
- In 2021, over a dozen U.S. cities set new homicide records.
- In 2021, there were 346 officers shot, 63 of whom were killed by gunfire.
- In 2021, there were 103 ambush-style attacks on law enforcement officers, a 115% increase from 2020.
- Progressive prosecutors are in cities that represent over 20% of the nation’s population.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: President Biden and Congressional Democrats’ efforts to demonize and defund our law enforcement along with Democrats’ soft on crime policies are to blame for this crime crisis. House Republicans will always stand with and invest in our nation’s law enforcement. Americans deserve law and order.