President Biden’s administration has announced that they are crafting a memo to rescind former President Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy. This is just the latest action taken by the Biden administration to open our southern border and make America less secure.
The most troubling aspect of this announcement is that it comes when the Department of Homeland Security is asking officials to be prepared for the possibility of 350,000 to 400,000 illegal border apprehensions in October. This number of apprehensions could take place if Title 42, which is another key border security policy from the Trump administration, is scrapped by the Biden administration.
The United States has NEVER recorded that number of illegal border apprehensions in a single month.
Biden’s Border Crisis By The Numbers:
- There were 208,887 border apprehensions in August – a 317% INCREASE from last year.
- Border apprehensions remain at a 21-year high.
- August was the second straight month with over 200,000 apprehensions.
- Over 1,200,000 illegal immigrants have been apprehended at the border since February 1, 2021.
- In August, Joe Biden released 43,941 illegal immigrants into the U.S.
- In President Trump’s last full month in office, only 17 illegal immigrants were released into the U.S.
It’s simple: The Biden administration has worked to open the southern border, not secure it. Our communities are less safe because they stopped building the wall and brought back Catch and Release. If the Remain in Mexico policy and Title 42 are scrapped, these communities will be in even greater danger.