Vice President Kamala Harris just completed her first foreign trip and not since her failed presidential campaign has something been so widely panned. You know the trip was a disaster when even CNN is reporting that the White House is “perplexed” by Kamala Harris’ inability to answer simple questions. Even MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski said that visiting the border “should have been a priority” for Harris.
Here are the LOWLIGHTS from Harris’ trip:
- On Sunday, Guatemala President Alejandro Giammattei panned the whole rationale for Harris’ trip when he blamed the Biden Administration’s welcoming message to migrants for the surge at the U.S. southern border.
- On Tuesday, during an interview with NBC News’ Lester Holt Harris laughed when he confronted her about not visiting the U.S.-Mexico border.
- That same afternoon, during a press gaggle, Harris laughed yet again when asked whether she had any plans to visit the U.S.-Mexico border.
- To cap the trip off on Tuesday evening, Harris rolled her eyes when a reporter asked her about visiting the border during a press conference.
- “Vice President Kamala Harris doesn’t get it.” – Kelly Sadler, The Washington Times.
- “Harris brings nothing to the table. She is clearly in over her head. She can’t even fake an answer to an easy and 100% predictable question about the immigration crisis.” – Becket Adams the Washington Examiner.
- “It makes as much sense as the rest of the Biden-Harris approach to this crisis.” – New York Post.
- “[S]he doesn’t want to get near to what the administration only recently admitted was a problem and certainly has no intention of taking steps to fix.” – Hugo Gurdon the Washington Examiner.
- “Harris can’t clean up the mess at the border…” Kyle Smith the New York Post.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- The Border Patrol stopped nearly 900,000 migrants from Oct. 1 to May 31.
- May is the 3rd straight month of 170K+ apprehensions, which hasn’t occurred since 2000
- Authorities are on pace to apprehend 1.35 million illegal immigrants this fiscal year, the most since 2000.
It has been 77 days since President Biden tasked Harris with overseeing the crisis happening along the United States’ southern border. Harris has not only failed to schedule a trip to the southern border, but she has now traveled to Guatemala and Mexico without stopping to see the crisis she is “managing” firsthand.