As gas prices surge to the highest price in American history, the Biden administration is turning to dictators and Russia-aligned regimes to help boost America’s energy supply and drive down prices – rather than unleashing American energy at home.
Biden administration officials traveled to Venezuela over the weekend to discuss resuming Venezuelan crude oil exports in the international market in order to offset Russian oil, even though the Socialist regime itself is aligned with Russia and oppresses the Venezuelan people.
The Biden administration is also discussing visiting Saudi Arabia to convince them to produce more oil, even though Biden has called the Kingdom a “pariah.”
Even worse, in the midst of disastrous negotiations to re-enter the failed Iran Nuclear Deal, Department of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigeig said, “all options are on the table” in response to a reporter’s question about whether the administration would consider asking Iran for oil.
BIDEN’S WAR ON AMERICAN ENERGY BY THE NUMBERS:
- The national average for a gallon of gas reached $4.104 on Monday.
- This is the MOST a gallon of gas has cost in American history.
- U.S. crude oil spiked to a 13-year high of $130 overnight on Sunday.
- In just one week:
- Gas prices jumped over 49 cents per gallon, the largest 7 day rise in history.
- 13 states have hit new RECORD high gas prices.
- 20 states plus the District of Columbia are now seeing average gas prices above $4 per gallon.
HOW BIDEN’S ANTI-ENERGY AGENDA EMBOLDENS PUTIN:
- On day one of Joe Biden’s presidency, he launched his war on American energy when he killed the Keystone XL pipeline, which could be supplying 830,000 thousand barrels of oil from Canada to U.S. refineries.
- In his first week in office, President Biden issued an executive order suspending all oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters.
- While a federal judge ruled the leasing bans to be illegal, Biden’s administration has issued ZERO new leases on federal lands.
- In May 2021, President Biden removed sanctions against Nord Stream 2, which were previously put in place by former President Trump.
- In February 2022, President Biden reversed course and reimposed the Trump sanctions, noting the “overwhelming incentive to move away from Russian gas…”
- President Biden’s Far-Left Socialist agenda, Build Back Better, was an effort to cripple domestic energy by increasing oil and gas production payments to 20%, increasing bonding and surety requirements to more than 15 times their current levels, imposing a new severance tax, and establishing new annual fees of $10,000 per mile for offshore pipelines.
- President Biden’s FY22 Budget request explicitly opposed funding the construction or maintenance of projects that would lower the cost of gas, diesel, or energy derived from fossil fuels
- Biden’s Department of Energy has slow-walked liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports that could reduce Europe’s dependence on Russia.
WHAT BIDEN SHOULD BE DOING:
- End Biden’s federal freeze on all new oil and gas projects
- Fast-track pending LNG export permits
- Expedite approval of all pipeline and energy development
- Stop the regulatory assault on U.S. energy development and financing
It’s Simple: The Biden administration is working to increase America’s dependence on not only Russia but other malign regimes for energy. Instead, today would be a great day for Joe Biden to END his federal freeze on all new oil and gas production in America and unleash our energy independence. Energy security is national security, and under Biden, we have neither.