Yesterday, President Biden showed there is no limit to the Democrats’ unconstitutional gun-grabbing agenda. Rather than address violent crime, President Biden is doubling down on House Democrats’ radical policies in order to attack the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: While Far-Left House Democrats and President Biden continue to push for unconstitutional gun control measures, House Republicans will always stand for the Second Amendment rights of Americans and have actually passed legislation to address America’s violent crime crisis.
Joe Biden’s Gun Ban Fast Facts
- AR-15s and similar semi-automatic rifles are among the most popular firearms sold today, with nearly 20 million in circulation as of late 2020.
- A Department of Justice assessment on renewing the prior federal law banning categories of semi-automatic firearms and limiting magazine capacity determined that the “impact on gun violence is likely to be small at best, and perhaps too small for reliable measurement.”
- The RAND Corporation conducted a comprehensive survey of existing, high quality literature on the effects of various gun control measures and concluded there was no reliable evidence that magazine capacity limits or bans on categories of semi-automatic firearms have a beneficial effect on reducing violent crime generally or mass shootings in particular.
- The DOJ’s annual Uniform Crime Report (UCR) consistently showsthat murders from all rifles – not just semi-automatics – are less than that of murders committed with knives, clubs and fists.
- Even the left-leaning Politifact rated this comparison “Mostly True” after parsing the data.
GUN OWNERS BY THE NUMBERS:
- The Biden administration is ignoring the fact that Americans – of all races, creeds, colors and all walks of life – are purchasing firearms in record numbers.
- Over 14 million Americans purchased a firearm for the first time in 2020 and 2021.
- Background checks for the sale of a gun shattered previous records in 2020 at over 21 million, and another 18.5 million were completed in 2021.
- For 35 months straight, there have been over 1 million background checks for gun sales.
- According to a recent survey of industry retailers, nearly 47 percent of first-time gun buyers in 2021 inquired about training and 43 percent signed up for training.
- Nearly 23 percent of retailers indicated that first-time gun buyers in 2020 purchased another firearm in 2021.
- Over 33 percent of first-time gun buyers in 2021 were women.
- 44 percent of retailers saw an increase of African-Americans purchasing firearms in 2021.
- Nearly 40 percent of retailers saw an increase of Hispanic-Americans purchasing firearms in 2021.
- Over 27 percent of retailers saw an increase of Asian-Americans purchasing firearms in 2021.
- Over 18 percent of retailers saw an increase of Native-Americans purchasing firearms in 2021.
- Nearly 14 percent of retailers saw an increase of Native-Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders purchasing firearms in 2021.