Our hearts break across the country for the brave service members who made the ultimate sacrifice and for all those lost today. Their families are facing unimaginable news. Please join us in praying for them.
Sadly, it didn’t have to be this way.
The terrorist attacks at the Kabul airport are a horrific national security and humanitarian disaster. This is a direct result of President Biden’s weak and failed leadership. This administration’s incompetence has led to the loss of American lives and has left countless more at risk.
Today has been the deadliest day in Afghanistan since Obama was President. The buck stops with the President of the United States, and right now Joe Biden is MIA.
BIDEN’S FAILURES HAVE EMBOLDENED TERRORISTS:
- President Biden is to blame for the Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan. No one else.
- Today’s attack is now the deadliest in Afghanistan since Aug. 6, 2011, when President Obama was in office.
- Before today the last American casualty in Afghanistan was in February 2020.
- The disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan by the Biden Administration is unquestionably inspiring new terrorist attacks.
- Terrorists have been provided with the opportunity to generate momentum and propaganda by conducting high-profile attacks against U.S. and Western forces.
- More than 100 prison inmates loyal to ISIS-K escaped from two prisons near Kabul as the Taliban advanced on the Afghan capital.
- Terrorists are now emboldened to attack Americans.
- Unprecedented numbers of known or suspected terrorists have crossed the southern border in recent months.
- President Biden falsely claims that al Qaeda is “gone” from Afghanistan, but the Pentagon freely admits that not only is al Qaeda still very much a present threat, the United States now has diminished counterterrorism and intelligence capabilities as a direct result of the withdrawal.
- The Taliban are now in possession of American weapons, including helicopters, airplanes, tanks, Humvees, and other military-grade weapons.
- The catastrophic failure in Afghanistan has emboldened our adversaries and puts doubt in the minds of our allies.
Make no mistake: President Biden’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan has created a terrorist breeding ground that poses real and pressing threats to our homeland just before the somber 20th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks.
Read Leader McCarthy’s full statement on the attacks in Kabul HERE.