House Republicans Pass Vital Aid for Israel, While Extreme Democrats Echo Hamas Propaganda
Washington, November 3, 2023
Yesterday, House Republicans successfully passed the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, a critical $14.3 billion emergency funding package fully offset by cuts from Joe Biden's Inflation "Expansion" Act of 2022. This bill equips Israel with advanced weaponry, and bolsters the Iron Dome missile defense, while also prioritizing American military readiness. As Israel defends its right to exist, U.S. support is indispensable. With the surge of antisemitism at home and abroad, it's imperative that America sends a resounding message in support of Israel and the Jewish people.
Meanwhile, Joe Biden threatened to veto this bill, Chuck Schumer said the Senate won't even take up this critical funding, and 194 Democrats voted "no." These Extreme Democrats have chosen to fund Biden's Army of IRS agents over our ally Israel in its fight for survival.
ISRAEL SECURITY SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS ACT (Courtesy of Speaker Mike Johnson’s Office):
• Ensures American military readiness by providing $4.4 billion to replenish domestic defense stockpiles.
• Bolsters Israel’s defensive capabilities and stockpiles of munitions critical to its continued efforts, specifically by providing:
◦ $4 billion to replenish Iron Dome and David’s Sling missile defense systems.
◦ $3.5 billion in Foreign Military Financing for the procurement of advanced weapons systems and defense articles and services.
◦ $1.2 billion for the continued development of the Iron Beam system to counter short-range threats.
◦ $1 billion to support artillery and munitions production.
• Supports US personnel and citizens by providing:
◦ $150 million for an enhanced security presence at the US Embassy.
◦ $50 million for the evacuation of US citizens.
• Requires that the Secretary of Defense and Secretary of State provide written reports to Congress detailing US security assistance provided to Israel to ensure accountability.
• The funding is offset by recessions from the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, specifically Section 10301, which appropriated enhanced funding for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Click HERE to review the full text of the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act.
Click HERE for a detailed funding summary of the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act (Courtesy of House Appropriations Committee Republicans).
HOUSE REPUBLICANS’ RECENT SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL:
• House Republicans passed H.R. 6126, the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024, with overwhelming support.
• House Republicans passed H.Res. 771, “Standing with Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric war launched by Hamas and other terrorists.”
• In February 2023, in a strong show of support for our ally, House Republican leadership sent a letter to President Biden encouraging the Administration to oppose and veto any anti-Israel resolution put before the U.N. Security Council.
• In April 2023, House Republicans voted to support the expansion of the Abraham Accords to encourage nations to normalize relations with Israel and express continued support for bilateral cooperation across economic, security, and civilian issues.
• In May 2023, House Republicans voted to condemn the rise of antisemitism and call on elected officials to identify and educate others on the contributions of the Jewish American community.
• In June 2023, House Republicans voted to establish a Special Envoy for the Abraham Accords at the Department of State to strengthen and expand the Abraham Accords.
• In July 2023, House Republicans passed the FY24 National Defense Authorization Act with key priorities to support the U.S./Israeli partnership and enhance Israel’s security.
HOUSE DEMOCRATS’ HISTORY OF ANTISEMITISM AND SIDING WITH HAMAS:
• The majority of Democrats voted no on the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act.
• Despite overwhelming support, 10 Democrats, members of the “Squad”, voted “no” for H.Res. 771, “Standing with Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric war launched by Hamas and other terrorists.”
• Members of the “Squad”, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, Jamaal Bowman, and Cori Bush, failed to cosponsor H.Res. 771, "Standing with Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric war launched by Hamas and other terrorists."
• Rep. Rashida Tlaib recently spoke at a protest at our Nation’s Capitol, parroting Hamas talking points. She blamed Israel for an explosion in Gaza near a hospital that was in fact caused by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad misfiring their own rocket.
◦ Her claim has been widely proven false and yet, Rep. Tlaib has not walked back her comments.
• Rep. Rashida Tlaib also was set to be one of the keynote speakers at a conference headed by an anti-Israel coalition that has come under fire for being linked to Palestinian terror groups, prior to the conference being postponed.
• At a progressive activist conference in July, Rep. Pramila Jayapal denounced Israel as a “racist state.”
• House Democrats boycotted Israeli President Isaac Herzog’s address to Congress.
◦ Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she is “not planning to” attend the speech.
◦ Rep. Jamaal Bowman said that he is “probably going to be boycotting.”
◦ Rep. Ilhan Omar tweeted that there’s “no way in hell” she is attending the address.
• House Democrats refused to unequivocally stand with our partner and friend, Israel, over and over again, even throughout the May 2021 Hamas' terrorist attacks.
• House Minority Leader, Hakeem Jeffries, while in college defended antisemitic comments made by National of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan and his uncle Leonard Jeffries, and invited his uncle to speak on campus.
◦ Leonard Jeffries has spewed antisemitic conspiracies that Jews control Hollywood, compared Jews to “skunks,” and had called the Jewish community “evil.”
HAMAS’ DESTRUCTION BY THE NUMBERS (as of Nov. 2):
• Over 1,500 killed in Israel - including civilians and IDF soldiers
• Over 5,400 injured in Israel
• 240 families informed their loved ones are being held hostage by Hamas in the Gaza Strip
• 333 families of fallen IDF soldiers have been notified that their loved ones fell in battle.
• An estimated 250 hostages were taken, 200 held by Hamas, 50 held by others including Palestinian Islamic Jihad
• Over 8,500 rockets have been fired from Gaza towards Israel
MAKE NO MISTAKE: House Republicans will continue standing with our ally Israel as its borders come under attack yet again from Iranian-backed terrorists, and fully support Israel's right to defend itself from all acts of violence.