This week marks one year of America under one-party rule. Disrupted learning has exposed deep flaws in our education system during that time. Our kids deserve an education that focuses on their needs while also protecting the rights of parents.
That is why Leader Kevin McCarthy along with Chairwoman Elise Stefanik, Ranking Member Virginia Foxx, and Representatives James Comer, Brett Guthrie, Jim Banks, Victoria Spartz, hosted a roundtable to highlight how one-party rule has failed our children and how House Republicans are working for school choice and parental rights. You can watch the full roundtable HERE.
Ranking Member Virginia Foxx highlighted how House Republicans are working for school choice and parental rights:
“In Congress, we are fighting to break the monopoly of traditional government schools and the totalitarian control of teachers unions so parents can choose the best learning environment for their child. Educational freedom is powerful…We also introduced the “Parents Bill of Rights” to increase transparency and accountability in K-12 schools.”
Chairwoman Elise Stefanik spotlighted the recent unprecedented actions taken by the Biden Administration to target concerned parents as “domestic terrorists:”
Parents have expressed very real concerns about their children’s education and the Biden Administration took unconscionable action to silence parents by mobilizing the FBI to intervene at school border meetings. This is truly unprecedented…This is a war on parents and it should outrage every family across this country. Parents are not domestic terrorists.”
Representative James Comer highlighted how ensuring that our children return to the classroom must be our nation’s number one priority.
"Children are our future. But, ongoing virtual school has an entire generation of kids…We need to follow the science and reopen our schools now. But, unfortunately, the Biden Administration's policies put the union bosses first and America's students last."
Republicans believe in a Parents' Bill of Rights when it comes to education. While, Biden and Congressional Democrats believe that concerned parents should be targeted like "domestic terrorists" for wanting to be involved, rightfully so, in their kids' education."
BIDEN’S WAR ON PARENTS:
- The Biden Administration reportedly "solicited the much-criticized letter from the National School Boards Association (NSBA)" that compared concerned parents to "domestic terrorists" in September.
- Concerned parents are NOT domestic terrorists.
- Parents are right to be concerned about their kids being taught radical ideologies or exposed to inappropriate instructional materials – parents should be engaged.
- Biden promised to work to reopen schools in his first 100 days.
- Instead of advocating for school choice and parental rights, the Biden Administration wants to take complete control of our children’s education.
- The Democrats’ Far-Left reconciliation bill would take away the rights of parents and give authority to Democrats in Washington.
- It would give the Biden administration complete control to approve the early childhood education standards and limit parents’ choice in their children’s education.
- The Democrats’ child care proposal would SPIKE prices for middle-class families by $13,000.
- This legislation is a ploy by Democrats to indoctrinate America’s youth with their Far-Left Socialist ideas from the start of their educational process until its conclusion.
- Education is a winning issue for Republicans.
- Republicans are working to protect parental rights and expand school choice, not empower the Federal Government.