On Wednesday, the U.S. Department of the Interior announced it would no longer hold court-ordered offshore oil and gas lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska, totaling over 1 million acres. This move is the latest example of Biden’s Far-Left “Green New Deal” agenda.
Rather than unleash American energy, the White House has chosen to maintain our dependence on OPEC+ countries to meet our energy needs. The actions of the Biden administration have ensured that our sky-high gas prices are here to stay. Just today, the price for a gallon of gas hit yet another new record high of $4.41 a gallon, according to AAA.
BIDEN’S ENERGY CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- The national average for a gallon of gas is $4.41 as of Thursday.
- This week, U.S. natural gas prices rose to the highest point in 13 years
- Americans are smart. They know this is Biden’s Price Hike – no one-else’s.
BIDEN’S ANTI-ENERGY AGENDA:
- As this energy crisis surges, the Biden administration has continually passed the buck by blaming domestic energy producers:
- The White House’s favorite lie has centered on a claim that “9,000” approved federal leases for production are going “unused.”
- This false framing ignores the continued regulatory assault the administration has placed on domestic energy production along with the needed time to find oil on permitted land and the proper infrastructure to transport the oil.
- Biden’s regulatory assault also destroys ANY incentive for domestic energy producers to invest, and it worsens energy market volatility.
- On day one of Joe Biden’s presidency, he launched his war on American energy when he killed the Keystone XL pipeline, which could be supplying 830,000 thousand barrels of oil from Canada to U.S. refineries.
- Recently, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) proposedextensive new rules that would require companies to disclose “climate-related risks” in an attempt to push Democrats’ environmental agenda through the inappropriate vehicle of securities law. This is a blatant move to starve American energy companies of capital and to publicly shame businesses not politically favored by Democrats.
- Biden has now announced the largest ever loan from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve of 180 million barrels of oil over six months. The SPR is meant for weather or national security emergencies, not political expediency.
- Biden has continued to beg dictators and other foreign adversaries for help easing prices.
WHAT BIDEN SHOULD BE DOING:
- End the federal freeze on new oil and gas leases.
- Fast-track pending LNG export permits
- Expedite approval of all pipeline and energy development
- Stop the regulatory assault on U.S. energy development and financing
BOTTOM LINE: This move is the latest example of Biden’s Far-Left “Green New Deal” agenda. Americans deserve efficient, affordable, and American-made energy.