As Americans feel record pain at the pump, White House climate advisor Gina McCarthy doubled down on the Biden administration’s radical Green New Deal agenda this week. When referencing the recent court ruling that forced the administration to resume new oil and gas leasing on federal lands, McCarthy said:
“President Biden remains absolutely committed to not moving forward with additional drilling on public lands.”
DON’T BE FOOLED: This reluctant move by the Biden administration is clearly just a temporary concession that they intend to appeal, and their regulatory assault on domestic energy producers continues to hinder drilling and investment regardless of new leases. This administration remains committed to its Far-Left, anti-American energy agenda at the expense of American consumers.
BIDEN’S ENERGY CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- The national average for a gallon of gas is $4.12 as of Friday.
- Gas prices under Biden’s failed leadership have been historic.
- Crude oil is currently at $105.85.
- Crude oil has remained above $90 a barrel, a 2014 record, for nearly ten straight weeks.
- Skyrocketing gas prices will now cost the average American household an extra $2,000 per year.
BIDEN’S ANTI-ENERGY AGENDA:
- As this energy crisis surges, the Biden administration has continually passed the buck by blaming domestic energy producers:
- The White House’s favorite lie has centered on a claim that “9,000” approved federal leases for production are going “unused.”
- This false framing ignores the continued regulatory assault the administration has placed on domestic energy production along with the needed time to find oil on permitted land and the proper infrastructure to transport the oil.
- On day one of Joe Biden’s presidency, he launched his war on American energy when he killed the Keystone XL pipeline, which could be supplying 830,000 thousand barrels of oil from Canada to U.S. refineries.
- Recently, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) proposed extensive new rules that would require companies to disclose “climate-related risks” in an attempt to push Democrats’ environmental agenda through the inappropriate vehicle of securities law. This is a blatant move to starve American energy companies of capital and to publicly shame businesses not politically favored by Democrats.
- Biden has now announced the largest ever loan from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve of 180 million barrels of oil over six months. The SPR is meant for weather or national security emergencies, not political expediency.
- Biden has continued to beg dictators and other foreign adversaries for help easing prices.
WHAT BIDEN SHOULD BE DOING:
- End the federal freeze on oil and gas leases
- Fast-track pending LNG export permits
- Expedite approval of all pipeline and energy development
- Stop the regulatory assault on U.S. energy development and financing