Under the leadership of Chairman James Comer (R-KY), House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Republicans issued subpoenas to President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden; his brother James Biden; and Biden family associate Rob Walker to appear for depositions.
For months, the House Oversight and Accountability Committee has followed the money and built a record of evidence revealing how Joe Biden knew, was involved, and benefited from his family’s corrupt influence peddling schemes.
This includes bank records
showing that on March 1, 2018, Americore, a financially distressed rural hospital operator, wired a whopping $200,000 into James and Sara Biden’s personal bank account. On the very same day, James Biden wrote a $200,000 check from this same personal bank account directly to Joe Biden. They also uncovered a bank records memorandum revealing how Joe Biden
received $40,000 in laundered money from Communist China, in the form of a personal check from the account of his brother James Biden, and his sister-in-law Sara Biden.
MAKE NO MISTAKE:
House Republicans will continue to follow the facts and deliver the transparency and accountability that the American people demand and deserve.
FACTS ABOUT THE HOUSE COMMITTEE ON OVERSIGHT AND ACCOUNTABILITY’S SUBPOENAS (Courtesy of the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability):
Joe Biden lied to the American people when he said he had nothing to do with his family’s business dealings.
The House Oversight Committee has followed the money trail and built a record of overwhelming evidence revealing how Joe Biden knew, was involved, and benefited directly from his family’s influence peddling schemes.
- Before Republicans took the majority, Democrats and the media were peddling a few false narratives: “no Biden ever took money from China,” “Joe Biden knew nothing about his son’s business dealings,” and “Joe Biden never met or spoke with any foreign nationals who had wired the family money.” All of these claims have been proven false through the Oversight Committee’s investigation.
- Unlike the many lies President Biden told the American people about his family’s business schemes, bank records don’t lie.
- As the Bidens were sealing deals around the world, Joe Biden showed up, met with, talked with, shook hands with, and had meetings with foreign nationals sending money to his family.
- In a transcribed interview, former Hunter Biden business associate Devon Archer testified that the value of adding Hunter Biden to Burisma’s board was “the brand.” Then Vice-President Joe Biden was “the brand,” used to send signals of power, access, and influence.
The House Oversight Committee is taking sweeping action to bring in key witnesses from the Biden family and their associates to question them on the record of evidence.
- According to financial records obtained by the House Oversight Committee, the Biden family set up over 20 shell companies – most of which were created when Joe Biden was Vice President – in a concerted effort to hide payments from foreign adversaries.
- The Biden family and their associates received over $24 million between 2014 and 2019 from foreign nationals including companies in China, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, and Kazakhstan.
- The Bidens sold access to Joe Biden around the world to benefit the Biden family, including Joe Biden himself, to the detriment of U.S. interests.
- The Committee revealed two checks to Joe Biden that prove Joe Biden benefited directly from his family’s influence peddling.
- Joe Biden received $40,000 in laundered China money from the account of his brother, James Biden, and sister-in-law, Sara Biden, in the form of a personal check.
- Joe Biden also received a $200,000 check labeled from James Biden the same day that James Biden received a $200,000 loan from a failing rural hospital operator. James Biden secured this loan by stating that his last name would open doors in the Middle East.
- It’s time for the Biden family and their associates to answer directly about the record of evidence that has proven the family was influence peddling. That’s why the Committee is taking sweeping action to issue a series of subpoenas and transcribed interview requests.
- The House Oversight Committee, along with the Committee on Judiciary and Ways and Means, will continue to follow the facts and deliver the transparency and accountability the American people demand and deserve.