Americans are paying more for just about everything while making less, our southern border is in the midst of an unprecedented border crisis, and we are paying historically high prices for gas. In short, Democrat one-party rule in Washington has put Americans in a constant state of crisis.
It’s not surprising that only 13% of Americans think the country is “on the right track,” according to a New York Times/Siena College poll. This marks the lowest rating since the 2008 recession. This report comes as consumers’ inflation expectations reached the highest rate in the New York Federal Reserve’s eleven-year history.
BIDEN’S ECONOMIC CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- Inflation is a tax on ALL Americans.
- Consumers’ inflation expectations hit the highest rate in eleven years.
- The real gross domestic product (GDP) decreased at an annual rate of1.6% in the first quarter of 2022, according to a twice-revised estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- 57% of Americans blame the federal government for making their financial situation worse over the last six months.
- In May, the CPI increased 8.6% for the 12 month period ending in May, the largest 12-month increase since the period ending in December 1981.
- Wages are not keeping up with inflation, and have actually DECREASED, while prices for goods have risen.
- Inflation will cost Americans an extra $460 a month and about $5,520 a year.
- Americans are paying more for just about everything because of inflation.
- Only 27% of Americans approve of Biden’s handling of the economy – a new low.
- U.S. consumer sentiment plunged in early June to the lowest on record as soaring inflation continued to batter household finances.
BIDEN’S ENERGY CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- Gas prices under Joe Biden have been historic highs, and haveDOUBLED since he took office.
- On the day that President Biden was sworn into office, the average price for a gallon of gas nationwide was approximately $2.39.
- The national average for a gallon of gas is $4.67 as of Monday.
- A report shows Americans will spend $5,000 this year on gas, a 78% increase from the $2,800 Americans spent a year ago.
- This means Americans are spending over $2,000 extra a year on gas under Joe Biden.
- Calls to AAA for roadside assistance jumped OVER 30% in April as Americans struggled to stretch their dollars to afford gas. Some colleges are even being forced to go virtual as these staggering prices hurt commuting students.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- Since Biden took office, OVER 2.9 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- According to court documents, the Biden administration has allowed over 1 million illegal immigrants to settle in the U.S. since Biden took office.
- Last month’s decision by the Supreme Court opens the door for the Biden administration to end President Trump’s Migrant Protection Protocols, or the ‘Remain in Mexico’ program, which requires illegal immigrants who are awaiting asylum claims in the U.S. to stay in Mexico until their cases are adjudicated.
- This will only make this border crisis WORSE.
- According to new CBP data, there were 239,416 migrant encounters at our southern border in May.
- This is the highest in CBP’s 22-year record for monthly crossings and the second month in a row for this record high.
- That is up 32% from May 2021.
- That is a 930% increase from 2020.
- 25% of those encounters were individuals who had at least one prior encounter in the previous 12 months.
- Compared to April of this year, the number of unique individuals encountered increased 15% in May.
- OVER 60% of these encounters were single adults.
- 42% of encounters were expelled using Title 42.
- May was the 15th straight month of encounters OVER 150,000.
- 50 people on the Terrorist Screening Database have been apprehended attempting to illegally enter the U.S. since October, which is the beginning of the fiscal year.
- This is OVER a 200% increase from ALL of FY2021.
- Border Patrol and Secretary Mayorkas have confirmed that over 700,000 known “gotaways” have evaded CBP apprehension at the southern border since Biden took office.