This week House Democrats will ram through their partisan appropriations package, a “bloatedbus” which does NOT include funding for the Department of Defense (DOD) or the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) while significantly increases funding for their liberal domestic spending priorities.
This partisan appropriations package will also kill the Hyde Amendment, which has had strong bipartisan support for the past 45 years.
- Drastically increases the budgets for some non-defense agencies by 30-40% over current funding.
- Provides a huge increase to the budgets for the White House (+39%) and the Office of the Vice President (+22%) so they can hire more unelected bureaucrats.
- Eliminates longstanding, bipartisan pro-life language including the Hyde, Weldon, Smith, and Dornan amendments.
- The Hyde Amendment has saved nearly 2.5 MILLION lives from abortion.
- Provides record-high budgets to regulatory agencies that burden the economy.
- Increases dependence on China for critical minerals by attempting to dramatically increase deployment of technologies that use critical minerals.
- Directs the Department of Veterans Affairs to develop a policy for providing assisted reproductive services.
- Includes funds to relocate and renovate facilities for the largest Planned Parenthood affiliate in the country, which performs thousands of abortions each year.