Inflation is taxation! Millions of American families are seeing firsthand the disastrous effects of President Biden and House Democrats’ out-of-control spending as the cost of back-to-school shopping has skyrocketed.
Mary Elliott, a parent in Fort Worth, Texas, told CBS News, “It’s kind of crazy just to see how the prices have gone up so exponentially.”
- Families with children in elementary through high school plan to spend an average of $848.90 on school items, which is $59 more than last year.
- College students and their families plan to spend an average of $1,200.32 on college or university items, an increase of $141 over last year.
- Back-to-school shoppers plan to spend $21 more on average on electronics this year compared with 2020 and $19 more on clothes.
- Americans are making less today than they did a year ago.
- Inflation has increased every month since President Biden took office.
- Americans are paying more for just about everything:
- Gas prices are up 45.1%
- Car rentals are up 87.7%
- Milk is up 5.6%
- Fruit is up 7.3%