President Biden and Congressional Democrats’ out-of-control spending has caused inflation to skyrocket to a 40-year high and will have Americans paying more for just about everything this Valentine’s Day.
Candy sales, overall, hit a record high, the average price for a dozen roses is up 22% from last year, a filet mignon is up 154%, Imported champagne is up roughly 18%, and assorted chocolates are 9% higher.
According to CNBC:
Couples can also expect to pay top dollar for a table for two this Feb. 14.
On average, Americans will shell out $175.41 on candy, cards, flowers and other romantic gifts, up from $164.76 in 2021.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Inflation is a tax on ALL Americans.
BIDEN’S ECONOMIC CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- Inflation is a tax on ALL Americans.
- Inflation has increased every month of Joe Biden’s presidency.
- The consumer price index (CPI) surged 7.5% over the past year, the highest reading since February 1982, and higher than economists had predicted.
- Americans are paying more for just about everything because of inflation.
- Inflation is going up faster than wages.
- Inflation affects low-income workers the most.
- Instead of getting to the root cause of the economic crisis, House Democrats announced a hearing next week on abolishing the debt ceiling as Americans woke up to the worst inflation rate in 40 years.
- Democrats just want an easier pathway for their out-of-control spending and Socialist agenda, which is the cause of the skyrocketing inflation.
- Real wages have decreased under Biden 8 out of the 12 months since his first full month in office.
- Inflation is now costing the average American household an extra $250 a month.
- A new NFIB survey shows that 61% of small business owners had to raise prices last month because of President Biden’s inflation crisis, the highest reading since the fourth quarter of 1974.
- With more than 60 percent of Main Street businesses reporting they were forced to raise their prices to keep up with inflation, which has reached the highest rate since 1982, economists are warning the U.S. is at risk of a wage-price spiral.
- Biden’s first year in office went down as the worst year for inflation since 1981.
- In 2021, inflation cost the average worker nearly two paychecks and cost the average family $3,500, but since inflation pushes families into higher tax brackets, it totals to $5,000 per year for the average family.