For the better part of almost two years, Congressional Democrats have been telling the American people to listen to the science when it comes to COVID-19.
Well, now it’s their turn.
The science is clear it is long past time to end Democrats’ authoritarian and unconstitutional mask mandates, especially in our schools where the long-term negative consequences of masking our children far outweigh the benefits if any.
Unfortunately, House Democrats blocked Republican legislation introduced by Rep. Ashley Hinson yesterday that would empower parents to opt-out of these anti-science mask mandates for their kids.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND MASK MANDATE:
- Johns Hopkins Child Psychiatrist Dr. Carol Vidal recently said that it was time for students to take off their masks because so many children have fallen behind in school.
- Practicing internist Dr. Lucy McBride recently called on President Joe Biden to stop supporting forced masking in schools, “kids are suffering from learning loss…kids need to be with one another unrestricted in schools.”
- CNN’s top health expert Dr. Leana Wen recently called for Biden’s mask mandate to end, adding the decision of whether to mask children should be left up to their parents.
- Emergency room visits for adolescent suicide attempts soared this past summer and winter, especially among girls, perhaps in connection to America’s struggle with Covid-19.
- There was a 22.3% spike in ER trips for potential suicides by children aged 12 to 17 in summer 2020 compared to 2019.
- That trend seemed to continue into this recently completed academic year as visits were up by 39.1% this winter, compared to the previous winter.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has performed three studies to determine whether masking children in school reduces COVID-19 transmission.
- The overall takeaway from these studies—that schools with mask mandates have lower COVID-19 transmission rates than schools without mask mandates—is not justified by the data that have been gathered.
- A study conducted in Denmark in the spring of 2020 found no significant effect of masks on reducing COVID-19 transmission.
- NOTE: This study did not include children, let alone vaccinated children.
- A recent study by the head of Johns Hopkins Institute for Applied Economics shows Democrats’ radical extended mass lockdowns last year had “little to no effect” on COVID-19 mortality rates.
- It concluded that lockdowns across the US and Europe had only ‘reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average.’”
It’s Simple: Unmask our kids now.