This morning’s decision by the Supreme Court opens the door for the Biden administration to recklessly end President Trump’s Migrant Protection Protocols, or the ‘Remain in Mexico’ program. This program requires illegal immigrants who are awaiting asylum claims in the U.S. to stay in Mexico until their cases are adjudicated.
The Biden administration previously referred to this program as “inhumane,” but following the tragic death of 51 migrants at the hands of human smugglers in Texas, it is CLEAR that the Biden administration’s open-border agenda IS wildly inhumane and endangers lives.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- Since Biden took office, OVER 2.9 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- According to new CBP data, there were 239,416 migrant encounters at our southern border in May.
- This is the highest in CBP’s 22-year record for monthly crossings and the second month in a row for this record high.
- That is up 32% from May 2021.
- That is a 930% increase from 2020.
- 25% of those encounters were individuals who had at least one prior encounter in the previous 12 months.
- Compared to April of this year, the number of unique individuals encountered increased15% in May.
- OVER 60% of these encounters were single adults.
- 42% of encounters were expelled using Title 42.
- May was the 15th straight month of encounters OVER 150,000.
- 50 people on the Terrorist Screening Database have been apprehended attempting to illegally enter the U.S. since October, which is the beginning of the fiscal year.
- This is OVER a 200% increase from ALL of FY2021.
- Border Patrol and Secretary Mayorkas have confirmed that over 700,000 known “gotaways” have evaded CBP apprehension at the southern border since Biden took office.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Ending the ‘Remain in Mexico’ program will only continue to incentivize a surge at our border by migrants who believe they have an open invitation to stay in the U.S. regardless of status. The Biden administration MUST end their mass release policy that endangers our communities.