Border security is national security, and under President Biden, we have neither. He even failed to mention the historic order crisis that his administration created during this evening’s State of the Union.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- According to new Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) data there were 153,941 migrant encounters at our southern border in January.
- That is a 96% increase from the previous year.
- This was the second worst January on record.
- Of the 153,941 illegal immigrants encountered at the border, the Biden administration released 62,573 into the United States.
- This new data comes at a time when ICE deportations are down 70%from 2020, the fewest number of deportations in 5 years.
- This equates to an average of just 100 deportations a day, even as border patrol agents encountered up to 7,000 illegal immigrants daily.
- Since Biden took office over 2 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- In FY21, 11,201 pounds of fentanyl were seized by Customs and Border Protection, which is enough to kill every American nearly seven times over.
- Border officials have estimated that nearly 400,000 illegal immigrantshave escaped into the U.S. without being caught under Biden.
- Out of 104,171 migrants issued Notices to Report by ICE between the end of March and the end of August 2021, 47,705 failed to report within that time frame.
- There were 10,763 arrests of migrants with criminal convictions in FY 2021, up from 2,438 in FY 2020 and 4,269 in FY 2019.
IT’S SIMPLE: Instead of securing our southern border, Biden doubled down on his failed open-border policies.