According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data, at least 50 individuals on the terrorist watchlist have been apprehended attempting to cross our southern border since October.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Border security IS national security. Joe Biden’s open-border policies are endangering every community in America.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- 50 people on the Terrorist Screening Database have been apprehended attempting to illegally enter the U.S. since October, which is the beginning of the fiscal year.
- This is OVER a 200% increase from ALL of FY2021.
- Since Biden took office, OVER 2.9 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- According to new CBP data, there were 239,416 migrant encounters at our southern border in May.
- This is the highest in CBP’s 22-year record for monthly crossings and the second month in a row for this record high.
- That is up 32% from May 2021.
- That is a 930% increase from 2020.
- 25% of those encounters were individuals who had at least one prior encounter in the previous 12 months.
- Compared to April of this year, the number of unique individuals encountered increased 15% in May.
- OVER 60% of these encounters were single adults.
- 42% of encounters were expelled using Title 42.
- May was the 15th straight month of encounters OVER 150,000.
- These staggering numbers come as the Biden administration is still fighting in court to lift Title 42, a decision that will only worsen the historic border crisis.
- According to a Politico/Harvard poll, the majority of Americans disapprove of Biden’s fight to repeal Title 42.
- A report shows drug overdoses, mostly from opioids, hit an all-time high in 2021 of OVER 100,000.
- Since Biden took office, CBP has seized1,060,100 pounds of illegal drugs, including 7,700 pounds of fentanyl so far in FY22.
- Border Patrol and Secretary Mayorkas have confirmed that over 700,000 known “gotaways” have evaded CBP apprehension at the southern border since Biden took office.