Yesterday, Leader Kevin McCarthy, Chairwoman Elise Stefanik, Republican Policy Committee Chairman Gary Palmer, and Reps. Tony Gonzales, Randy Weber, Michael Guest, Chip Roy, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Diana Harshbarger, and Blake Moore visited the border in order to see firsthand Biden’s historic border crisis.
This week’s visit comes on the heels of the tragic loss of Texas National Guardsman Spc. Bishop Evans, who drowned while courageously working to save migrants who were trying to cross the Rio Grande River illegally.
In addition to this week’s visit, House Oversight Committee Republicansvisited the southern border the previous week to shine a light on the crisis, including Ranking Member James Comer, and Reps. Andy Biggs, Pete Sessions, Glenn Grothman, Yvette Herrell, Byron Donalds, and Paul Gosar.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Biden and House Democrats’ open border policies created this crisis.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- The Biden administration plans to lift Title 42 on May 23rd, a decision that will only worsen Biden’s Border Crisis.
- Yesterday, a federal judge temporarily blocked President Biden’s repeal of Title 42 next month in yet another judicial rebuke of the president’s radical Far-Left agenda.
- According to new CBP data, there were 221,303 migrant encounters at our southern border in March.
- That’s a new Biden-era high.
- That is up 33% from February.
- That is a 542% increase from 2020.
- More than 7,000 migrants crossed the border per day, on average, in March.
- March was the 13th straight month of encounters OVER 150,000.
- Since Biden took office, OVER 2.4 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- These staggering numbers come as we learn that 42 people on the Terrorist Screening Database have been apprehended attempting to illegally enter the U.S. since Joe Biden was sworn in.
- Last week, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki could not guarantee that none of the OVER 2,000 illegal immigrants a day who avoid CBP capture entering our southern border were on the terror watch list.
- In March, more than 7,000 migrants crossed the border per day on average, sending overall border crossings past 220,000, the most in more than two decades. The Department of Homeland Security estimates that when Title 42 lifts, those numbers could climb to 12,000 to 18,000 crossers per day.
- CBP’s March report came while Title 42 was still in effect.
- In 2021, the Biden administration dropped deportations by roughly 68%.
- This is the lowest level in 26 years, which dates back to before the agency ICE was created.
- In FY21, 11,201 pounds of illicit fentanyl were seized by Customs and Border Protection, which is enough to kill every American nearly seven times over.
- Border officials have estimated that nearly 400,000 illegal immigrants have escaped into the U.S. without being caught under Biden.