According to a new Fox News poll, a shocking 75% of Americans are experiencing hardship because of Joe Biden and House Democrats’ inflation crisis, and the majority of Americans expect the economy to be worse next year.
Unfortunately, House Democrats are working to pour more fuel on America’s inflation fire by passing a liberal wish list package with tens of billions of dollars in reckless spending for their Far-Left Socialist agenda.
DEMOCRATS’ SOCIALIST SPENDING PACKAGE BY THE NUMBERS (Courtesy of House Appropriations Committee Republicans):
Spending concerns include:
- 20% increase for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- 17% increase for general government activities, including:
- $1 billion increase for the Internal Revenue Service;
- 433% increase for the Election Security Grants;
- 30% increase for the Federal Trade Commission;
- 20% increase for the Office of Personnel Management;
- 12% increase to maintain and improve federal buildings – many of which have been mostly empty for more than 2 years.
- 17% increase for the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- “Such sums” authority for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in addition to the $9 billion reserve fund if needed for unanticipated participation increases, providing authority for a “blank check” for the Biden Administration.
Democrats are pushing partisan climate initiatives:
- $6 billion for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), continuing the increased benefits that were intended to be a temporary, pandemic-related supplement to the normal program.
- Offshore oil and gas activities are restricted, and oil and gas inspection fees are increased, which will be passed on to consumers.
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy activities are increased by more than 25%.
- $100 million is provided for the president’s proposal to use Defense Production Act authorities to accelerate domestic manufacturing of select clean energy technologies.
- $75 million is allocated for public housing energy efficiency and climate resilience upgrades.
Democrats are allowing taxpayer dollars to be used to fund abortions:
- Long-standing pro-life language prohibiting the use of DC local funds and the Federal Employee Health Benefits program from funding abortions is dropped.
- A Food and Drug Administration (FDA) policy that allows abortion pills to be mailed to patients is permitted to remain in place.
Democrats are increasing spending on non-defense programs by 14%:
- The Sea-Launched Cruise Missile-Nuclear, which is necessary to enhance deterrence and assurance, is not funded.
- Longstanding provisions prohibiting the closure of Naval Station Guantanamo Bay and the use of military construction funds to build a detention center in the United States or territories are dropped.
Democrats are encouraging illegal immigration:
- Immigration checks on residents of HUD-assisted housing are prohibited.
- Federal agencies are allowed to hire participants in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
Democrats are rewarding poor performance with more taxpayer funding:
- Funding for FDA, the same agency that failed to prevent the infant formula crisis, is increased 10%, while farmers and ranchers struggling with record-high costs for things like fuel and fertilizer receive little help.
- The U.S. Postal Service is directed to develop a government-run banking program, even though the agency continues to struggle to handle and deliver the nation’s mail.
DON’T BE FOOLED: Instead of addressing the economic crisis plaguing Americans, Democrats are doubling down on their Far-Left agenda and reckless government spending, which will further fuel inflation.