Speaker Pelosi and House Democrats are pushing their nearly 3,000 page CONCEDES Act, which does nothing to counter the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for their malign actions. In fact, this legislation will line the pockets of those responsible for unleashing COVID-19 on the world.
The CONCEDES Act mandates an $8 billion injection of U.S. taxpayer money into the United Nation’s Green Climate Fund, an unaccountable slush fund, which the CCP has already directly benefited from. The worst part is House Democrats rejected attempts to prohibit the CCP from accessing the billions of taxpayer dollars in this Fund.
THE FACTS ABOUT CONCEDES ACT:
- At 2,900 pages and a $325 billion price tag, the Democrats’ America Concedes Act is the opposite of countering the Chinese Communist Party.
- Authorizes $8 BILLION to pour into an unaccountable U.N. climate slush fund, which has already awarded $100 million to China.
- It does not guarantee the $8 billion won’t be used to purchase things like solar panels or batteries, whose supply chains in China are tainted by genocide.
- Democrats rejected attempts to prohibit the Chinese Communist Party from accessing the billions of dollars they want to pour into the Fund.
- Gives unions unfair advantages over small businesses and independent workers by adding Davis-Bacon provisions to previously bipartisan policies.
- Mentions climate change 156 times.
- Tries to appease Chairman Xi by omitting the word “genocide” from provisions on human rights in Xinjiang, despite the House having voted twice to call it genocide.
- Covers up for the Biden Administration’s giveaway of $40 billion in no-strings-attached IMF money to the CCP last spring, and their support for $130 billion more last summer.
- Authorizes $2 billion annually with no sunset for a “new” International Climate Change Adaptation, Mitigation, and Security Program, essentially doubling up on programs and activities already being conducted by State and USAID.
- Creates “Climate Change Officers” within the Foreign Service, weakening our diplomats’ focus on core U.S. national interests.
- It includes no measures to hold Communist China accountable for their covering up COVID-19 or ongoing genoicde against religious minorities in their country.
- Grants the Department of the Treasury unchecked authority to block Americans’ digital currency payments worldwide
- Provides no resources to enforce our sanctions laws or increase our military strength, including omitting provisions on export controls, security assistance to allies facing CCP aggression, and failing to curtail CCP military modernizations and weapons development.
- It includes millions to study coral reefs.