As expected, the Biden administration is choosing to worsen the historic crisis at our southern border by ending Title 42, one of our strongest tools to deter the flow of illegal immigrants into our country.
This announcement comes just days after the U.S. Border Patrol Chief announced the U.S. will soon hit 1 million illegal crossings just six months into the fiscal year.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: Joe Biden’s policy change will actively worsen the historic border crisis that is endangering our communities.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- Biden is now officially ending Title 42, a policy implemented under the Trump administration.
- In February alone, 55% of the total encounters at the Southern Border were processed for expulsion under Title 42.
- A record of 9,000 illegal immigrants were encountered at our borders from March 28th to the 29th.
- Since Biden took office OVER 2 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- Border officials have estimated that nearly 400,000 illegal immigrantshave escaped into the U.S. without being caught under Biden.
- U.S. Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz has said that the U.S. will soon hit 1 million illegal crossings of our borders in just the first half of this fiscal year, which began 6 months ago in October.
- According to U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) data, there were 164,973 migrant encounters at our southern border in February, up 7% from January.