The Biden administration dropped deportations to the lowest level in 26 yearslast year despite record-high border crossings, according to statistics released last week in the delayed U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) annual report.
The Biden administration deported just 59,011 in FY2021, compared to 185,884 in FY2020.
According to The Washington Post, this drop directly corresponds to instruction by Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas:
“Mayorkas has also met personally with teams of ICE officers to urge them to use more discretion before making an arrest…”
This delay of the annual report highlights the Biden administration’s effort to hide their worsening border crisis. This is the first time in nearly a decade that ICE’s annual report has not been released within the same calendar year.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- According to the newly released report, the Biden administration dropped deportations by roughly 68% last year:
- Deportations dropped from 185,884 in 2020 to just 59,011 in 2021.
- This is the lowest level in 26 years, which dates back to before the agency of ICE was created.
- According to the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute, the average daily number of ICE detainees dropped to about 19,200 in 2021, the lowest level in over two decades.
- ICE dropped administrative arrests in the interior of the U.S. by 28% in 2021, detaining just 74,082 compared to 104,000 during fiscal 2020.
- According to new Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) data there were 153,941 migrant encounters at our southern border in January.
- That is a 96% increase from the previous year.
- This was the second worst January on record.
- The Biden administration reportedly released 62,573 migrants into the United States.
- Since Biden took office over 2 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- In FY21, 11,201 pounds of illicit fentanyl were seized by Customs and Border Protection, which is enough to kill every American nearly seven times over.
- Border officials have estimated that nearly 400,000 illegal immigrantshave escaped into the U.S. without being caught under Biden.
- Out of 104,171 migrants issued Notices to Report by ICE between the end of March and the end of August 2021, 47,705 failed to report within that time frame.
- There were 10,763 arrests of migrants with criminal convictions in FY 2021, up from 2,438 in FY 2020 and 4,269 in FY 2019.
IT’S SIMPLE: Instead of securing our southern border, the Biden administration has doubled down on their failed open-border policies and worked to hide their failures in leadership. American communities are at risk as Biden’s historic border crisis allows violent criminals and dangerous fentanyl to freely flow across our borders. Now, every state is a border state.