President Obama: “….they [Americans] are already experiencing most of the benefits of the Afordable Care Act”
- Those with individual health insurance will see an average premium increase of 32-40%
- Obamacare imposes $165 billion in new taxes and fees on health plans, drug manufacturers, and device makers
- The CBO says that these taxes will be passed on to consumers through higher premiums
- Obamacare includes 21 new or higher taxes that will cost taxpayers roughly $1.1 trillion over the next decade
- 20-65 million Americans could lose their employer-sponsored health insurance.
- 70% of small businesses have cited Obamacare as an obstacle to job creation
- The CBO estimates that Obamacare will decrease the labor force by 800,000 over the next decade