With a mountain of evidence that indicates that wages and income are strong in this booming economy, Democrats continue to cherry pick any pebble that says otherwise. pic.twitter.com/AlZeGX5DPg
— House Republicans (@HouseGOP) September 13, 2018
What’s happening to our wages?
They’re going up.
Democrats, however, are trying to claim the opposite.
With a mountain of evidence that indicates that wages and income are strong in this booming economy, they cherry pick any pebble that says otherwise. Worse, they’re still trying to claim that tax reform only helps the rich. It’s deliberately misleading, and the American people deserve to know the truth.
And the truth is, Americans are Better Off Now than they were two years ago.
10 ways tax reform is helping middle-class American families and small businesses:
- More than $1.1 trillion in tax relief from the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act goes directly to families and small businesses. (The Joint Committee on Taxation)
- A typical married couple with two kids earning $73,000 would see a tax cut of $2,059 (Committee on Ways and Means)
- The Employment Cost Index shows the fastest pace of wage growth in a decade. (Department of Labor)
- More than 4 million U.S. workers (and counting) have seen bonuses, wage increases, or expanded benefits. (Americans for Tax Reform)
- Because of a larger standard deduction, doubled child tax credit, and lower tax rates across the board, American workers and families get to keep more of their hard-earned dollars. (Committee on Ways and Means)
- Official data shows wages are rising, with or without adjusting for inflation. (Joint Economic Committee)
- Economic productivity is up 2.9 percent in the last quarter. (Bloomberg)
- Small business optimism is at a record high. (NFIB’s Small Business Optimism Index)
- Industrial production is up 4.2 percent from last year. (The Federal Reserve’s industrial production index)
- Americans’ real disposable personal income grew at 3.5 percent for the first half of 2018. (Joint Economic Committee)