The House made history this week by passing H.R. 2, the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 in strong bipartisan fashion. This is the first real entitlement reform in nearly two decades and an example of what can be accomplished when Democrats and Republicans are able to work together.
The House also passed ‘A Balanced Budget for a Stronger‘ America — a budget that balances and fully repeals ObamaCare and all of its taxes and regulations.
It’s This Week in 5 Videos:
1. On Sunday, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) joined Bob Schiefer on CBS’ Face the Nation where he discussed nuclear negotiations with Iran and the Select Committee on Benghazi’s formal request for Secretary Clinton’s private email server:
2. On Wednesday, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani addressed a joint meeting of Congress to honor the lives of the brave men and women who served and sacrificed in Afghanistan. This marked the second time a leader of Afghanistan has spoken before Congress:
3. Later on Wednesday, Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-AL) held a Google Hangout with three high school classes from Baldwin County in southern Alabama:
4. On Wednesday night, the House passed ‘A Balanced Budget for a Stronger America‘ — a budget which balances in less than ten years and repeals ObamaCare in full. Here’s Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-GA) just moments before the budget was passed:
5. Capping off the week, the House debated and passed a bill to save Medicare for today’s seniors and tomorrow’s retirees. Here’s Rep. Mimi Walters (R-CA) speaking in favor of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015: