The Israeli Prime Minister’s joint meeting of Congress – among many other things – made this an historic week on Capitol Hill. The House advanced VA reform; the Supreme Court began oral arguments on King v. Burwell; and the American people are anxiously awaiting the release of Hillary Clinton’s not-so-private emails.
Here are 5 videos that sum up the work of the House this week:
1. There wasn’t an empty seat in the House Chamber on Tuesday, as Prime Minister Netanyahu delivered an urgent warning to American leaders on the dangers of a nuclear Iran. Click here to watch the full speech.
2. On Monday, the House passed H.R. 280 to authorize the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs to recoup bonuses paid to VA employees. Watch Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) speaking in support:
3. On Wednesday, the Supreme Courts began oral arguments in King v. Burwell – another critical legal challenge to ObamaCare. Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA) discussed the case on The Willis Report:
4. The House Select Committee on Benghazi issued more requests for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails, after it was revealed Clinton used a private email account during her time at the State Department. Committee Chair Trey Gowdy (R-SC) discussed on The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson:
5. The House wrapped up the week by passing the Passenger Rail Reform & Investment Act to reform Amtrak by increasing transparency and reducing costs. The bill will also allow passengers to travel with their dog or cat! Here’s the bill’s sponsor, Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-PA):