Americans number one priority remains the economic future of their families and our country. House Republicans have worked tirelessly to pass solutions that will grow our economy from the ground up, encourage small businesses, simplify our tax code, and help Americans bring home more of their paychecks.
In order to remind Harry Reid and Senate Democrats of our positive solutions to grow a healthy economy and create good-paying jobs, the House will vote on the Jobs for America Act. This bill includes:
- H.R. 2575, the Save American Workers Act, authored by Representative Todd Young, which repeals Obamacare’s 30-hour definition of full-time employment;
- H.R. 899, the Unfunded Mandates Information and Transparency Act, authored by Representative Virginia Foxx, which equips Congress and the public with tools to determine the true costs of regulations;
- H.R. 2804, the Achieving Less Excess in Regulation and Requiring Transparency (ALERRT) Act, authored by Representative George Holding, Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Representative Doug Collins, and Representative Spencer Bachus, which promotes jobs, better wages, and economic growth through regulatory reform;
- H.R. 367, Regulations From the Executive in Need of Scrutiny (REINS) Act, authored by Representative Todd Young, which ensures that Congress votes on all new major rules before they can be enforced;
- H.R. 1105, the Small Business Capital Access and Job Preservation Act, authored by Representative Robert Hurt, which prevents Dodd-Frank Act regulations from diverting capital from small- and medium-sized businesses;
- H.R. 2274, the Small Business Mergers, Acquisitions, Sales, and Brokerage Simplification Act, authored by Representative Bill Huizenga, which streamlines regulatory requirements to help facilitate capital formation to grow small- and medium-sized businesses;
- H.R. 3474, the Hire More Heroes Act, authored by Representative Rodney Davis, which incentivizes businesses to hire veterans by excluding them from Obamacare’s employer mandate threshold;
- H.R. 1526, the Restoring Healthy Forests for Healthy Communities Act, authored by Chairman Doc Hastings, which will put Americans back to work by promoting responsible timber production;
- H.R. 761, the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act, authored by Representative Mark Amodei, which allows the U.S. to develop resources that are critical to our economic competiveness;
- H.R. 3086, the Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act, authored by Chairman Bob Goodlatte, which protects internet access for all Americans and fosters growth in the digital economy;
- H.R. 4438, the American Research and Competitiveness Act, authored by Representative Kevin Brady, which makes the R&D Tax Credit permanent, paving the way for increased innovation and investment in the U.S.;
- H.R. 4457, the America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act, authored by Representative Pat Tiberi, which makes section 179 expensing permanent ensuring that our small businesses have the certainty they need to grow their businesses and create jobs;
- H.R. 4453, the S Corporation Permanent Tax Relief Act, authored by Representative Dave Reichert, which provides the necessary flexibility for S corporations to access capital and make new investments; and
- H.R. 4718, Amending the Internal Revenue code of 1986, authored by Representative Pat Tiberi, making bonus depreciation permanent in order to lower the cost of capital for businesses.