Skip to content
- On Monday, President Obama failed to submit a budget to Congress on time, breaking the law. (31 U.S.C. 1105). Obama is required to transmit his budget to Congress on or after the first Monday in January but not later than the first Monday in February each year. (31 U.S.C. § 1105, (a), p. 105)
- President Obama has failed to submit his budget on time 4 of the last 5 years. (Obama misses budget deadline, Washington Times, Stephan Dinan, February 4, 2013)
- Despite all their rhetoric, President Obama and Senate Democrats have shown no plan to balance the budget, move the country forward, and expand opportunity for all Americans.
- It is time for the President and the Democrats who run Washington to get serious about how they would balance the budget.
- Republicans are serious about cutting wasteful spending to help Americans prosper, so the House will today vote on the “Require a Plan Act,” which would require the President to explain how he intends to balance the budget (H.R. 444)