During his speech this evening, President Biden made only a passing mention of immigration and laid out no specifics for the American people about how he planned to solve the crisis that he created at the southwest border.
- Encouraged illegal immigrants to try unlawfully enter the country
- Ended the successful remain in Mexico policy
- Halted construction of the border wall
- Denied that a crisis exists making it harder to solve the problem
- 400% increase in migrant apprehensions compared to last year
- 5,018 individuals w/ criminal records arrested by CBP
- More than 20,000 unaccompanied minors in CBP custody or HHS care
- 233% increase in fentanyl seizures at the border
Because of President Biden’s specific actions, the country is facing a public health, humanitarian, and national security crisis at the border. His unwillingness to address it, combined with Vice President Harris’s month-long refusal to even visit the border even though she was tasked with overseeing the situation, is an abdication of leadership on the part of the Administration and a sign that – 100 days in – they cannot be trusted to deal responsibly with the most serious challenges facing the nation.