CONGRESSWOMAN ELISE STEFANIK
On Thursday, September 24, 2015, the House will consider S. 261, a bill to designate the United States courthouse located at 200 NW 4th Street in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, as the “William J. Holloway, Jr. United States Courthouse,” under suspension of the rules. S. 261 was introduced on January 27, 2015 by Sen. James M. Inhofe (R-OK) and passed the Senate by unanimous consent on May 21, 2015. The House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure ordered the bill reported by voice vote on July 23, 2015.
S. 261 designates the United States courthouse located at 200 NW 4th Street in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, as the “William J. Holloway, Jr. United States Courthouse.”
Judge William J. Holloway served for more than 45 years on the federal appellate bench, and was the longest sitting judge on the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. Born in Hugo, Oklahoma, Judge Holloway served in the United States Army during World War II, from 1943 to 1946. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma in 1947 and went on to Harvard Law School, receiving an LL.B. in 1950. Judge Holloway served as an Attorney in the General Litigation Section, Claims Division, of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. He was then nominated by President Lyndon B. Johnson to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and was confirmed by the United States Senate on September 13, 1968. Authoring more than 900 opinions during his career, he worked until his death on April 25, 2014, at the age of 90.
 See article – http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/clerk/news/memoriam-judge-william-j-holloway-jr
For questions or further information please contact John Huston with the House Republican Policy Committee by email or at 6-5539.