H.Res. XX is expected to be considered on the floor of the House on Tuesday, September 28, 2010, under a motion to suspend the rules, requiring a two-thirds majority vote for passage. The legislation was introduced by Rep. Joe Pitts (R-PA).
H.Res. XX would resolve that the House of Representatives:
- “Honors the lives of the brave and selfless humanitarian aid workers, doctors, and nurses who died in the tragic attack of August 5, 2010, in northern Afghanistan;
- “Extends its deepest condolences to the families of the victims;
- “Strongly condemns those who committed these brutal murders;
- “Urges the Afghan authorities to do their utmost to bring the perpetrators of this heinous act to justice;
- “Encourages all parties to respect the neutral status of humanitarian aid workers; and
- “Commends international humanitarian aid workers for their courageous efforts to save lives and alleviate suffering by providing important services to the Afghan people.”