H.Res. XXX is being considered under suspension of the rules, requiring a two-thirds vote for passage. The legislation was introduced by Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) September 9, 2009.
H.Res. XXX would resolve that the House of Representatives:
- "offers its deepest sympathy to those servicemen and their families who lost their lives fighting the Station Fire in Southern California;
- "commends the thousands of firefighters and emergency responders who continue to risk their lives fighting the wildfires throughout California;
- "expresses condolences to the individuals and families who lost their homes and other property in the wildfires;
- "extends its appreciation for the ongoing work to protect the communities and businesses that continue to be threatened by fire; and
- "condemns the acts of arson perpetrated in igniting the Los Angeles County Station Fire."