This crisis continues to rage as a result of President Biden’s policies that weaken our border security and encourage migrants to flood our southern border. Here’s the latest:
- More than 16,000 unaccompanied minors are in U.S. Custody, according to CBS News. CNN has reported that nearly twice as many unaccompanied minors are being apprehended each day when compared to the peak we saw in 2019.
- The Biden Administration is now being forced to open new facilities to house these migrants, instead of actually taking steps to stop the crisis by securing the border.
- Tom Homan, the former Acting Director of ICE, explains that the Biden Administration’s rhetoric about the border being secure and closed is not accurate:
- Fox News (Homan): “Our border is not closed or secure. That’s a lie. Why aren’t we being told the truth?”
- NBC News reported that border patrol agents are releasing migrants into the United States without court dates because of the surge.
- 14 House Republicans sent a letter to DHS Secretary Mayorkas questioning why the law is not being enforced.
- The Mayor of Gila Bend, AZ declared a state of emergency after migrants were placed in his town by border patrol.
- Thousands of migrants have also been released into the United States without ensuring they had been tested for COVID-19.
- Even the President of Mexico is blaming the Biden Administration for this crisis:
- PRESIDENT ANDRÉS MANUEL LÓPEZ OBRADOR: “Expectations were created that with the government of President Biden there would be a better treatment of migrants. And this has caused Central American migrants, and also from our country, wanting to cross the border thinking that it is easier to do so.”
- Read More:
- Instead of enforcing our laws to secure the border, Democrats want to send more taxpayer money to Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras as part of Marshall Plan for Central America:
To address this crisis, we need to secure the border. Democrats’ plan to throw more taxpayer money abroad with no accountability shows how unserious they are about addressing this situation that’s continuing to get worse.